As part of our range of comprehensive services, Sound Solution Consultants Ltd can arrange for your residential Air Permeability (Leakage) Test to be carried out.
Low cost and anywhere in mainland UK
Do I need Air Permeability Tests?
Under Approved Guidance Document L1, if you have built a New Build Dwelling or Development of 2 or more dwellings / Flats then you will need to carry out Air Permeability Tests for the development. The numbers of tests that will be required will depend on the size and configuration of the dwellings involved. Please Call for a quotation on 0845 5212096
What is BiNDT ?
The British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing
What is ATTMA ?
Air Tightness, Testing & Measurement Association
What is Air Permeability Testing?
Air Permeability testing is a method of measuring and quantifying the air leakage of a building. In Approved Document Part L1A of the Building Regulations, Air Tightness Testing is referred to as Pressure Testing. The test methodology for measuring the air tightness of a building is set out in ATTMA Technical Standard 1. Technical Standard 1 is generally based on BS EN Standard 13829:2001, Thermal Performance of Buildings - Determination of air permeability of buildings - Fan pressurisation method. Further information is available in TM23: Testing buildings for air leakage.
When do I carry out the Air Permeability Tests?
Before we can come and carry out an Air leakage Test we need you to check that the buildings are up to the required standard to achieve maximum performance. To aid you in this task we have produced a check list of all related issues:
- Ensure all doors and any seals are fully fitted and working correctly.
- Ensure all windows and seals are fully fitted and working correctly.
- Ensure all electric fittings are fitted and working.
- Ensure 240Volt power is available on site.
- Ensure all gaps are sealed in walls and floors (see diagram)
- Ensure all bathrooms and kitchens have been fully installed and sealed.
- Ensure we have access to all rooms on all levels.
- Ensure all properties are vacated during the duration of test.
- Ensure that water is present in soil pipes
- Ensure all Loft hatches are in place and closable
- Wind speed must not be above 6ms-1 **
** You will not be charged for the visit if wind speed is above this level