Acoustic design for education
Good acoustic design is required for environments where communication is critical for teaching and learning activities. Various types of spaces have different acoustic design requirements, including classrooms, music departments, performance spaces, theatres, multi-purpose halls and sports halls. Schools have regulatory acoustic performance requirements; further education facilities and university departments also require specialist acoustic design.
Sound Solution Consultants can deliver a complete service of design stage consultancy and pre-completion testing for developments within the education sector, including:
- Acoustic design for schools to Building Bulletin 93 (BB93) performance criteria (including
classrooms, music departments, multi-purpose halls, theatres and sports halls)
- Acoustic design advice for music departments and performance spaces
- Room Acoustics Computer Modelling for large spaces
- Enhanced acoustic design for special educational needs
- Building envelope and ventilation design guidance
- BREEAM design-stage and pre-completion works for Hea and Pol credit compliance
Further information about our services can be found on our Schools Services page.