Recording Studios Acoustic Design
Acoustic design advice for recording studios
The acoustic design of recording studios is not as simple as sticking ‘egg boxes’ on the walls…
At Sound Solution Consultants (SSC) we’ve designed studio environments for a range of developments and clients; including control rooms for a major commercial record label, practice and recording rooms for commercial uses, as well as music rooms for educational establishments.
The acoustic design of a recording studio is normally a bespoke process depending on the user requirements. At SSC we can provide a full range of technical acoustic guidance in the design of a music studio, from pre-planning to commissioning. Our design work for studios normally includes:
- Sound breakout from the studio to the environment
- Sound transmission between rooms
- Ventilation noise and control of sound through ventilation systems
- Room acoustic design, including absorption and diffusion
- Full acoustic specifications and details catered to project requirements
Our preference in creating a studio development is to take a holistic approach, mindful that any one component of the design can compromise the bigger picture.