Acoustic Sealant is a flexible, high strength flexible sealant and adhesive perfect for sealing and bonding plasterboard as well as other Kraft-lined insulation boards. Acoustic Sealant comes in 380ml tubes for use in a cartridge application gun. When laying acoustic flooring all gaps should be sealed to ensure maximum effectiveness.
It’s designed to be as practically useful as possible. Adherent to most surface, the sealant is mould resistant and non-flammable and can easily be painted over.
It’s suitable to use in a wide range of different situations such as gaps in plasterboard walls, floors and ceilings as well as dry lining. It can also be used as a general adhesive, capable of bonding plasterboard to wood, metal studding, direct onto brickwork and onto other plasterboard.
Typically supplied in 310ml to 380ml tubes, but sizes can be up to 900ml according to the supplier.
For further information and to buy this product:
Call: 01473 464727 Email: [email protected]
Things to be aware of:
- Where possible, damp conditions should be avoided, as these will significantly extend the cure time
- The sealant must be fully cured before it is painted over – this is usually 24 hours after application but in damp, cold or humid conditions it can be up to 4-5 days
- Don’t apply the sealant in conditions under 5 degrees Celsius
- Use thin rubber gloves when applying the silicon
All surfaces must be both clean and dust free, with all loose and flaking surface coatings (as well as old sealant and mastic joints) must be removed before application. Surfaces can be slightly damp, but not wet – dampness will slow the cure.
- Specific gravity – 1.60-1.7
- Tack free time of 15 to 60 mins depending on thickness, ambient temperature and humidity
- 1 to 5 days, dependent on thickness, ambient temperature and humidity
- Full cure of 1 to 5 days
- Application temperature range of 5 Celsius to 40 Celsius
- Durability of up to 15 days when used in accordance with instructions
- Should not be used against bituminous materials
- Store in cool dry conditions and protect from frost
- Shelf life of 12 months from date of manufacture when stored in correct conditions
Please see our Product Disclaimer.